That's what my Mom said when I sent her the pictures below. My Mom is hilarious, in a jet black humor sort of way, which I note seems to have increased over the years...
- Place: Heritage Square Museum.
- Event: Victorian Mourning Tours.
- Reason: I have actually longed to be a living history docent someplace, actually. This year I decided to do something about it.
- Secret character name: Tillie Mae Washington Shabazz.
- Character name gifted upon me for the weekend by one of the other performers: Bertha.
- Outfit: I made it. Happily you cannot see The Shirt Of Shame because the jacket hides it, let alone The Corset Of Disaster, but the skirt circumference is 146 perfectly hemmed inches.
I had a blast improv edutaining*** that weekend with the other volunteers, but shall say no more about it here because I seriously owe Somebody blog content, and I think Said Person should get right of first refusal for it.
Oh! The steampunk looking guy in brown, far left? That's writer Mark Daniel Wood. You should have seen what he created in the Ford house! My jaw was on the floor and I'm totally picking up a book or two of his for Chriskwansolstikkah decorating ideas. Frankly, my Baby Cthulhu altar could use some spicing up.
*** Because of the nature of this event, everything that came out of my mouth about the people in the building I was in that weekend didn't have to be entirely historically accurate. Percentage breakdown of Truth/Made Up for me was about 30/70. Anything I said about the physical building was true. The rest of it? Not so much.