Because my habit is to rarely talk about works in progress, most visitors to BGF Central don't know that over the past 4 years I have completed scripts to five (and 3/4ths) graphic novels. ***
- First one is buried deep in a box in the garage where no one will ever see it. I should find it, chop it into bits, jump on it and set it aflame just to make sure it can't get out and hurt anyone. It was my I Wonder How You Write A Graphic Novel? experiment.
- Second one is waiting for Just The Right Artist to come along.
- Fourth one seemed like a good idea at the time, but in truth it sucks. It can probably be fixed, but doing so isn't on my immediate or near-future radar. Eventually I'll get back to poking at it with a cudgel, but not anytime soon.
- Fifth one is currently being unleashed upon by The Mighty And Talented Bruno.
- (The 3/4ths one, which came between the first and the second, is entirely too long of a tale of woe to get into here (or anywhere for that matter). And that's all we'll say about that.)
But the third one? It makes me chuckle that the third one out of the word processor is the first one to actually get off of a drafting table. Last week artist Mia Wolff sent a CD holding the entire completed 100-page shebang. Because all tech hates me, it took me this long to get the files to open up so I could go ooooo at the pages. The spread below is one of my favorites from our book.
Yes, I'm biased. But damn this thing is pretty! Mia did a fabbo job.
*** The items labeled "Project A" and "Project B" that have been on the siderail for a while are not g/ns. Those are regular novels. What's funny is the word count doesn't actually mean anything in the traditional sense...Long story, interesting only to Moi.