Once it starts, here are the guidelines I made up that I am going to use! They are mostly fair! I think!
- Participation is limited to people who wanted to, but for whatever reason couldn't, attend SDCC '12,*** thus having no chance to get any swag at all. Poor dears!
- Which means that if you did go to SDCC '12, you may not participate in this swag gifting thing. Clearly honor system in play with that. Let's see what happens.
- I don't need to know you (or you me) in order for you to participate.
- Wait until all swag items are listed and I give the GO before trying to claim an item. I will wait 24 hours before opening it up.
- Claim an item via @ reply of the item you want.
- Claim an item only in the live stream after the GO has been given. Item claiming via DM, email, texts or the like will be ignored. (Pickup/delivery will be worked out via email. But claiming an item will only be done in the live stream.)
- Timestamps are all. S/he who gets to an item with an @ reply first (and fits most or all of the other guidelines), wins.
- I figure getting everything up and then giving folks a day before saying GO gives all interested a fighting chance, and an opportunity to see everything on offer so informed choices can be made.
- Limit one item per person or household.
- Priority given to locals, a.k.a. the LA metro area.
- For those living outside the LA metro area, priority is given to those I know over those I don't.
- Not open to folks living overseas. Unless you are Kwasi.
- No giant bags are on offer, so don't ask as I've already given away my extras and have plans for the rest.
- If you have no idea what I'm talking about, worry not!
*** Yes, I've caved to the masses. It should be #CCI, but people just won't let go of #SDCC due to custom. <eye roll>